Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie for Sewing Break

I believe in chocolate. :) Something chocolaty is almost always in my house. You know, chocolate is said to be a brain food (Boosting Brain Power -- With Chocolate" on ScienceDaily). I love combining chocolate with nuts when I use it for baking. Today I would like to share this wonderful chocolate chip cookie recipe I found on the internet.


The original recipe is by Alice Currah. She posted her "The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER!" on her blog Savory Sweet Life with many helpful hints and pictures. You can check it out here. 

Alice's recipe produces perfect American chocolate chip cookie which is crisp outside and chewy inside. My version is more like a shortbread which I love. Here is the ingredients I used to make these cookies today. I used less sugar and chocolate chips and added walnuts. I highlighted the changes I made.

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. coarse sea salt  *Sea salt makes difference!
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips mini
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, roasted

1. I creamed the butter and sugar, added eggs and vanilla, and mixed well.

2. I added flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder, mixed about half way. Then I added chocolate chips and walnuts and mixed all the way.

3. I made a ball with 3~4 tbsp of dough (actually I just randomly grabbed the dough so I am only guessing) and pushed it gently so that it was about 3/4" high.


4. I baked in a preheated oven at 360F for 16 minutes. It made 20 big chunky cookies.


5. Perhaps it is best to store these cookies in an air-tight container.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment