Sunday, January 15, 2012

Vogue 8182 + Vogue 1086 Crinkled Silk Chiffon Dress


Fabric: Overlay is crinkled silk chiffon from emmaonesock.com. Underlining is crepe back satin. Both underlining and lining are polyester from JoAnn.

Pattern: Vogue 8182 (bodice) and Vogue 1086 (skirt). It was my first attempt to sew a side zipper opening so I was nervous. Luckily, it turned out okay. J

UPDATE:
Pattern usage detail in     Vogue 8182 + Vogue 1086 PartI - Pin, Baste, Repeat  
                                                    Vogue 8182 + Vogue 1086 Part III - It's All Done!

`


I made this dress few years back. Why am I looking at it now? It is because I am thinking to make another dress out of these patterns. The inspiration for the project is Delia dress by Milly.
Milly Delia Dress - nordstrom.com

The silk charmeuse and china silk are washed and ready in my closet. I can start this project tomorrow if I finish all the homework today. Well, Milly dress is absolutely fabulous motivation to study, isn’t it?!


So, until I come back from Studyland, cheers to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment