Friday, March 16, 2012

Vogue 8182 + Vogue 1086 Part I - Pin, Baste, Repeat...

My spring break sewing is all about Milly fabric. Earlier this year I got this silk from Gorgeous Fabrics and planned to make a dress from it. I thought that Vogue 8182 + Vogue 1086 combination would work.   

Milly Delia Dress from Nordstrom.com
Vogue 8182 + Vogue 1086
Crinkled Silk Chiffon Dress


















I startred this project in January but all I could achieve while taking the classes was cutting skirt parts. I admit that I am not fast when it comes to cutting and marking. I become even slower when the fabric is slippery and has a fluid drape...

This week I finally finished cutting all the parts. Since I mixed and matched two patterns, I probably should specify what I really used.

Vogue 1086 (Left) and Vogue 8182 (Right)

Bodice and bodice lining: Vogue 8182 view A; I raised front neck line.

Midriff and midriff lining: Vogue 8182; I wanted a clean waist line, so I omitted gather, meaning I used the midriff lining pattern as the midriff pattern.

Skirt: Vogue 1086

Skirt lining: Vogue 8182 view A; I placed the pattern on the lengthwise grain, not on the bias.

What I was forgetting about this pattern until this morning was that there was much basting involved in the process... It was not difficult, but rather time consuming.


I am so happy that I have finished all the basting on the bodice and the midriff today.
*   *   *   *   *    

Meanwhile, I baked chocolate chip cherry muffins. I followed Nigella Lawson's chocolate chocolate-chip muffin recipe from foodnetwork.com. These muffins are delicious! Her recipe adds cocoa powder but I did not use it. I added dried cherry (soaked in rum and water for about 30 minutes) and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.

Yum!

Until next time, cheers to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is stunning , I love the combination of patterns you have used. You always find such beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete