Tuesday, January 24, 2012

McCall's 5466 + Vogue 8555 Test Dress

This dress, the second test for my CH floral jacquard dress project, was made last summer. After I made the first muslin from Walmart remnant fabric, I decided to play safe and make one more muslin before I start cutting the jacquard fabric.

Fabric: Vera Wang Lavender Label brocade (polyester 76% cotton 24%) and matte polyester lining from fabric.com. (I made a skirt from this brocade before.)

Pattern: Again, McCall's 5466 (bodice) and Vogue 8555 (Skirt)

I learned that I should not sew the side of the bodice before turning it right side out. I also had to redo zipper a couple of times. It was frustrating, but it was a good practice before stitching more expensive fabric. I now understand the purpose of making muslin. It’s not only fine-tuning the fit but polishing the necessary technique before sewing the real thing.

Until next time, cheers to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment