Friday, January 27, 2012

McCall’s 5377 (Out of print) Square Neck Empire Dress


Hi, everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Today I want to share my first ever recreation of the designer's look. I was inspired by a picture of Adam + Eve dress featured in shopbop.com's Spring 2007 hard-copy catalogue.

Inspiration


My Version


Fabric: Cotton/silk gauze and Habotai silk lining from denverfabrics.com
Notion: Lace from trimfabric.com  ribbon/button from JoAnn store

Pattern: McCall's 5377 (Out of print) View C without bow and frill


To achieve the look, I applied lace trim on the band by zigzagging along the horizontal design on the lace. The catalogue picture did not tell me anything about skirt hem but I thought lace trim hem would be nice. I also made long button holes just under the bust so that they serve as ribbon loops.


Button and loop closure
Ribbon loops

Lace hem


So, this is how my favorite game called recreating RTW started. I've been addicted to this game since then.

Are you addicted, too?



Until next time, cheers to you all!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have the creativity to be addicted to copying RT, but maybe by reading your blog some of yours will rub off. That is one adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janis! I learned so much by analyzing the design and recreating the look. I recommend you to try sometime. It's purely fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete