Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vogue 8182 + Vogue 1086 Part II - Bodice and Midriff

Hello, everyone! I hope you all are having a great weekend.

Today I have finished bodice and midriff. :)  Both are Vogue 8182. As I noted in my previous post, I substituted midriff pattern with  midriff lining pattern for a cleaner waist line.

Vogue 8182 Front
Vogue 8182 Back


















I think the trickiest part of Vogue 8182 is attaching the midriff to the bodice. If you are making this pattern, basically you "sandwich" bodice seam allowance between midriff and midriff lining, both right sides together, then you press midriff and midriff lining down. Be sure not to stitch lining all the way to the left side opening if you want to cover zipper tape under the lining later.

* * * * *
By the way, if your cat stares at you from behind your sewing machine for VERY long time, you may want to check his/her water bowl...

Mommy, I'm thirsty!

Until next time, cheers to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Your project is looking great already! Looking forward to see it finished.
    The comment on your cat is so hilarious, it had me laughing out loud.
    I often have that same view when I'm sewing. Only my cat is very intrigued with the needle going up and down. I always have to be very careful he's not suddenly trying to 'snatch' the needle as I don't want to end up with a cat paw sewed onto my project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Lilian! Ah, cats! My cats try to eat thread from the sewing machine sometime. They are not really sewing-friendly pet, yet I love them.:)

    ReplyDelete