I love the versatility of mini phyllo shells. I used salmon and asparagus for these mini quiche but you can substitute with so many other ingredients. While these are great appetizer to pair with wine or beer, one of my friends likes them on brown rice with a bit of soy sauce.
1 Package (15) Mini Phyllo Shells
1 Large Egg
1/8 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Fillet of Salmon, cooked (I grilled it) and crumbled
Thin Asparagus, cut into 1" piece then boiled for about a minute
*Maybe you do not need to precook asparagus as it can be cooked during the baking process.
Need 24-cup Mini Muffin Pan
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine egg and cream. Season with salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Set aside.
3. Place the phyllo shells in the muffin tins. Place salmon and asparagus in each shell.
4. Spoon the egg mixture into phyllo shells.
5. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
* * * * *
Vogue 8857 Sewing Update: So far I have finished bodice and sleeves (Did I hear 'that's it?'). Yet another exam (this time SQL) coming next month, my next update would be most likely after that.
Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season!