The original recipe is by
Alice's recipe produces perfect American chocolate chip cookie which is crisp outside and chewy inside. My version is more like a shortbread which I love. Here is the ingredients I used to make these cookies today. I used less sugar and chocolate chips and added walnuts. I highlighted the changes I made.
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. coarse sea salt *Sea salt makes difference!
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips mini
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, roasted
1. I creamed the butter and sugar, added eggs and vanilla, and mixed well.
2. I added flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder, mixed about half way. Then I added chocolate chips and walnuts and mixed all the way.
3. I made a ball with 3~4 tbsp of dough (actually I just randomly grabbed the dough so I am only guessing) and pushed it gently so that it was about 3/4" high.
4. I baked in a preheated oven at 360F for 16 minutes. It made 20 big chunky cookies.
5. Perhaps it is best to store these cookies in an air-tight container.