Monday, June 4, 2012

Greeting from Arizona

I finally saw Grand Canyon this summer!

Top: Simplicity 2472 in viscose knit (Remember the pajamy dress? Blogged here)
Pant: J Crew surplus chino



The tiny white spot in the sky was the moon. Too bad my phone camera did not capture it well.

I stayed in Sedona and took a day trip to Grand Canyon via Flagstaff. Sedona has been my favorite getaway destination since I moved to Arizona five years ago. You can hike/mountain bike Red Rocks, swim at Slide Rock, shop and eat in uptown Sedona, etc, etc. You know, there is something about Red Rocks...

Some Courthouse Butte Trail pictures :

 Can you see the bird tracks (possibly quail mom and chick)? 


Twisted juniper tree is said to be a sign of spiritual energy. If you are interested this link explains Sedona's energy voltex.

Hiking along the Courthouse Butte Trail
 
View from the Courthouse Butte Trail

Prickly heart :)

Until next time, cheers to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I haven't been to Arizona in such a long time. One of my brides was married in Tucson and while I was there, my husband and I took a drive to the Grand Canyon and stayed over night in Falgstaff. I too love Sedona. Such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda! Tucson is not too far from where I live. The longer I live in Arizona, the better I grew to like it.

      Delete