Saturday, March 3, 2012

Got Milly?

Hello, everyone! I am continuing to stock up pretty fabric for spring/summer break project. I scored Milly poppy print cotton voile from Gorgeous Fabrics the other day. It is very airy, light-weight, semi-sheer fabric.



There are still many products made of this print available online. I feel lucky because I can see the designer's take on this print. The first one is cotton sheath dress. 

Milly Poppy Print Sheath Dress
nordstrom.com
 This lovely blouse is made from silk chiffon.
Milly Keyhole Ruffle Blouse
millyny.com
Milly also has a children line called Milly Minis. This adorable dress is made from Italian cotton sateen.
Milly Minis Ribbon Trim Dress
millyny.com
I am going to make a blouse. I think I can achieve the look by modifying this peasant top pattern I used before. It is going to be fun! If you happen to own this fabric, I would love to know what you made/are going to make.

UPDATE: You can view the blouse made from this fabric at Vogue 1177 Poppy Blouse.


So this morning, I went to my friend's book signing at Hastings bookstore in Sierra Vista, AZ.  Everyone, let me introduce Carey Falter, a freelance writer who is a graduate of the University of Arizona’s Eller College of Business.


Carey recently published her first book, Rising Above Enron. Here is a quote from amazon.com review: "Rising Above Enron is much more than a book - it's a tool that most everyone can use in today's uneasy economic times. Filled with lessons learned from employees who experienced one of the largest layoffs in American history, Rising Above Enron should be read and indeed studied by economists, historians as a lesson learned of the Enron experience."

Carey is a very intelligent, caring, and passionate person. She will be signing at the Tucson Festival of Books on March 10 -11, 2012 at University of Arizona campus in Tucson, AZ. If you happen to be in southern Arizona next weekend, it is worth checking out the festival and stopping by her booth. She is truly a delightful person to know! If you are far away from Tucson, her book is available for purchase from amazon.com.

Until next time, cheers to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment