Thursday, February 23, 2012

My Mood Fabric Order Arrived!

Ahhh, it's so nice to be out of study cave! What is better? Finding a UPS package wrapped around with Mood package tape, of course!!! What a treat after taking Physics exam and turning in the Math project I had been working on for days. Yippee!

This is my first real purchase from Mood. I bought swatches from them before, really liked some of them, and patiently waited for their sale. I like how they packed my order.


The first one is Carolina Herrera jacquard in red/pink/cream. From a distance it looks like embroidered fabric. Love, love, love! This will make a lovely dress.



The second one is Oscar de la Renta boucle in yellow, white, taupe. Love the color and texture! It looks like various yarns including ribbon are loosely interwoven. It is very soft. I'm thinking Chanel-type jacket with fringe. It will look great with jeans for sure! I wonder what color of lining would look great with this fabric. Any suggestion?



I also bought two swatches. Both are very unique. Orange one is beefy silk organza woven with raffia(!). It is on more yellow side of orange than what I thought it was on my computer screen. This fabric may look different depending on the color of underlining, i.e. many possibilities! The fabric on the right is woven silk stripe in cream/flesh. It looks like seersucker. I like its texture a lot but the color will probably not work for my skin tone.  


These beautiful fabrics made me think about fabric designers. I truly admire their creativity and sense of beauty.

Until next time, cheers to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that red is so so so gorgeous! I love to order from Mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their selection. I only wish they have sale more often!

      Delete
  2. Your fabric choices are wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rhonda. They will be my summer project - stay tuned!

      Delete