Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Milly and J.Crew Fabric Arrived!

I didn’t get to do any sewing this weekend L but I did have a moment that lifted my spirit up while I was studying. My order from Sawyer Brook’s January sale arrived! Yay! I received yellow Milly viscose knit, J Crew cotton lawn, and dark brown buttons.

They are all lovely and I’m pleased! The yellow color of the knit is exactly what I wanted and the cotton lawn has a nice sheen to it. I thought this cotton lawn was perfect to line the orange trench coat, but maybe it’s too nice to be a lining. Hmmm.  
Shown here with Calvin Klein orange cotton sateen from michaelsfabrics.com.


So far I have a very good sewing success rate when I use SB fabric so I hope the trend will continue! 

**Update 06/04/12: You can see a top made from Milly knit in this post here and a skirt made from CK orange cotton sateen and jcrew cotton lawn here.**



Until next time, cheers to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment