Friday, June 11, 2010

Butterick 5357 Peasant Top


My first project in this summer! I wanted to knock off this Milly top (picture left below) which I have been wearing all the time.


Fabric: Printed silk twill from Fabric Mart. Large orange flower print on cream back ground. (Note on this fabric: it ravels a lot.) Since I knew that this top would be in my everyday rotation, I prewashed and dried the fabric in the machine in delicate cycle– it came out fine.

Pattern: Butterick 5357. It looks pretty close to my Milly top. I made View C, size XS.

Change and Alteration: I added ruffles on sleeve and neck openings, left out tie, shortened sleeve length, and reduced bodice width. I thought I did not need to make muslin for this pattern but it turned out to be little too big to my liking. I was disappointed to have to cut off the nice-looking French seams to reduce the width. However, I like how it turned out. : )


Neck opening


Parting Shot - Spaghetti with Mussels


Isn't it nice when the food, which you whip up by combining whatever you have in your fridge and pantry with your imagination, turns out pretty good? This is one of those dishes.

Here’s how to cook. Start boiling water in the large pot and cook pasta. In another pan, cook frozen mussel according to the directions on the package. At the same time, you cut up broccoli, dice tomato, and mince garlic. In large pan, heat up olive oil and sauté garlic. Add tomato to the oil and garlic and cook for another minute. Add broccoli to the pasta pot 1 or 2 minutes before the pasta is done. Drain. Add pasta, broccoli, and mussel to the garlic and tomato mixture, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, and toss it well. You will need only 10 minutes or so from start to finish.There are tons of ingredients you can substitute with this recipe – shrimp, chicken, black olive, basil, spinach, mushroom, etc. Bon appétit!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog Yuki! Me likey! I like the simple layout and I like the content you're posting. It's always neat to keep up with friends through any means. I'll be linking you on my site, and bookmarking your site.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's belated but, thank you!

    ReplyDelete